How I work: Workflow and productivity links.
Herbal Medicine Resources
- Jim McDonald is an herbalist and educator in MI. His website has an extensive list of resources.
- Kiva Rose is a clinical herbalist at the Anima Center in the Gila Wilderness near Reserve, NM. Her & her partner Jesse Wolf Hardin edit Plant Healer Magazine and host the HerbFolk Gathering in Mormon Lake, AZ in September.
- Jonathan Treasure is a medical herbalist in Ashland OR who specializes in herbal oncology, herb-drug interactions, and medical cannabis. His Herbological.com: Greatest Hits 1998-2008 is one of the best series of essays I’ve ever read. And it’s free.
- Lorna Mauney-Brodeck runs the the Harriet Tubman Free Foot Clinic and Herbalista Herb Bus, a mobile free herbal clinic based in Atlanta.
- Fellow Workers Farm Apothecary by Traci Picard is one of my favorites due to her honest, straightforward, and socially revelent commentary.
- A Radicle is penned by Guido Mase, whose posts are always thought-provoking.
- King’s Road Apothecary is the creative outlet of Rebecca Altman, a gifted writer & medicine maker.
Academic & Research Resources
Olympia Community Resources
- Planned Parenthood: Pregnancy testing & services, STD testing & treatment, abortion services, women’s health care, emergency contraception. Financial assistance available. Schedule appointments and walk-ins welcome.
- Olympia Free Clinic: Open Weds/Thurs 5:30-8p at 108 State Avenue NW in downtown Olympia.
- Olympia Free Herbal Clinic: Open M-F 5-7p at 203 4th Ave E, Suite 401 in downtown Olympia.
- Olympia Union Gospel Mission: Offering a No-fee Health Resource Center for low income and uninsured individuals. The clinic includes dental, vision and chronic disease management care.
- Washington Healthcare Access Alliance: An association of free clinics in Washington state.
- Washington Basic Health: A state-sponsored program providing low-cost health care coverage through private health plans.
- SafePlace Olympia: Advocacy agency and confidential shelter for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- GRuB: Their Kitchen Garden Project helps low-income families to help themselves by building raised-bed gardens at their homes, and improve quality of life and nutrition of low-income seniors through therapeutic garden programs.
- Thurston County Food Bank: 220 Thurston Ave NE, Monday, Wednesday & Friday 11-3; 2nd & 4th Wednesdays 5-7.
- Community Youth Services: Youth shelter, foster care, living skills, and other social services.
Copyright © 2017 Goldroot Botanical Medicine. All rights reserved.